Amanda-Users

Re: Is "partial taper" Expected?

2009-03-25 15:10:37
Subject: Re: Is "partial taper" Expected?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Steven Backus <backus AT whimsy.med.utah DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:58:28 -0400
The 4 DLEs are already flushed.
There is a bug in 2.6.1 that don't erase them from holding disk, this bug is already fixed in SVN.
You can securely remove the files from holding disk.

Jean-Louis

Steven Backus wrote:
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:

You get this message if the dump is not complete. The taper successfully wrote an incomplete image to tape. Since they are autoflushed image, check in previous report to know why the dump failed.

The night before one of the machines was down.  Other machines
auto-mounted some partitions on this machine leading to problems
like:

? gtar: ./gen17: Cannot savedir: No such file or directory

Since I had autoflush in amanda.conf I would expect the holding
disks to be drained regardless of what errors happened.  Not so?
Will they ever be flushed or should I just delete them?

Steve