Amanda-Users

Tape Changer chg-manual configuration

2009-03-24 14:10:13
Subject: Tape Changer chg-manual configuration
From: Dan Brown <monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:00:24 -0600
I recently discovered one of my newly added hosts has not backed up at all due to the fact that it's dump size was larger than a single tape. I always dump my servers to holding disk before they are put to tape so it took me a little while to realize it was saying it was bigger than the available dump space on tape rather than on holding-disk.

So I went and changed my config to be this:

runtapes 10
tpchanger "chg-manual"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/Macs/chg-manual.conf"
changerdev "/dev/null"

And changed my dumptype entry to this:

define dumptype user-tar {
   global
   program "GNUTAR"
   comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
   priority high
   tape_splitsize 2 Gb
   compress none
}

When I attempt to do a dump however all I get are mailed requests (every two minutes) with the subject:
Macs AMANDA TAPE MOUNT REQUEST FOR SLOT 2

and the body says:
insert Amanda tape into slot x (tape:/dev/nst0)

My chg-manual.conf file looks like so:
resend_mail=3600
timeout_mail=43200
request="tty_email"

I really only want this to happen if I am doing an amflush. Is there an easy way to fix/change this behavior?

----
Dan Brown
monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca