Amanda-Users

Two Questions - Clients and MySQL

2009-03-02 17:07:12
Subject: Two Questions - Clients and MySQL
From: Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 17:05:01 -0500
You know, the more that I get to know and understand Amanda, the more I'm impressed.  Thanks guys!

First off, I have one laptop - but it appears that someone has to be logged on in order for the backup to work properly.  I thought with the additional user, the machine just had to be on.  Did I do something wrong?  Is it possible to just have it sign on and backup without a "real" user on?

I know that Zmanda does MySQL backups - but does Amanda as well?  Is that one of the differentiations for the products?

As always - thanks for your quick answers and thoughts...

Matt Burkhardt, MS Technology Management
Impari Systems, Inc.
502 Fairview Avenue
Frederick, MD  21701
mlb AT imparisystems DOT com