Amanda-Users

Re: Error at ./configure for 2.6.2alpha-20090204

2009-02-06 10:44:04
Subject: Re: Error at ./configure for 2.6.2alpha-20090204
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:36:24 -0500
wrote:
>> When did this become an error?

>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-tapedev
>
>I don't recall that being an option, and brief search of the revision
>history doesn't turn it up (which means that, if it ever was an
>option, it was during the CVS era and thus before 2.5.0).
>
>What's changed, probably, is that you've upgraded autoconf to issue
>warnings for unused options.
>
>Note that it's just a warning, so you should just remove that option
>and go merrily on your way :)
>
>Dustin

Apparently it does.  Then I also missed another message because I was using my
configure driver script, it seems gnuplot had somehow gone on the missing
list, so I had yum install that too and its rebuilding now.  So while I'm
editing my script, which has had that option since I switched to FILE: what,
3 years ago now?, I'll add a time delay in front of the make line so there is
time to read anything else configure may want to advise me about.

Thanks Dustin.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The vendor put the bug there.