Amanda-Users

Re: request failed: timeout waiting for REP

2009-02-03 09:26:37
Subject: Re: request failed: timeout waiting for REP
From: Jeremiah Millay <millay AT sover DOT net>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:12:42 -0500
Adjusting timers had no effect. It seems like its actually a problem with the dump utility hanging. There are a number of open bugs on the FreeBSD bug list related to the dump utility. I actually ended up upgraded to 2.6.0p2 and complied with DUMP_SNAPSHOT support and haven't had any problems since. Just thought I'd let the list know if anyone else runs into this problem.
Jeremiah

Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:

It may be a simple timeout, since it only ever gets to 8.93% - have
you tried increasing dtimeout?

Dustin