Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda 2.6.1 on Solaris 10/Sparc build

2009-02-02 10:30:28
Subject: Re: Amanda 2.6.1 on Solaris 10/Sparc build
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:16:38 -0500
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
wrote:
> I did a # make uninstall, I'd thought before the build, but I
> ran it a number of times across a number of builds... do I need
> to run the make uninstall from my 2.4.5 installation directory ?

That would be one solution.  The problem is that the linker is seeing
 /opt/sfw/lib/libamanda.so -> libamanda-2.4.5.so
at install time, and recording the soname libamanda-2.4.5.so at that
time.  So as long as the libam*2.4.5 libraries aren't in the linker's
search path at install time, you should get your libraries linked
correctly.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer