Amanda-Users

Re: Using last 2.6.2 snapshot, odd log entries.

2009-01-30 11:01:59
Subject: Re: Using last 2.6.2 snapshot, odd log entries.
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:43:59 -0500
Gene,

Can you send me the amdump.? file amstatus use when it generated theses errors messages.

Jean-Louis

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings from the canary in the coal mine;

Last nights run, after installing the most recent 20090128 snapshot, left some odd messages in the email, but not in the logfile my wrapper script
generates.

From that email:

Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at /usr/local/sbin/amstatus line
1042.
[...]

I believe, since they are after all the normal text I get as an email, that
these took place during the amcheckdump run that follows the backup, and
which is generally silent, but I don't have anything as hard evidence to confirm it.

The logfile it writes, and which it overwrites every night, contains some
verbosity from the amcheckdump run that I've not seen before, but no errors
such as the above are in it.  Probably cuz I don't have the redirection
done correctly.  That logfile is attached.

That is 15 lines of that, the dle total is 45.  And no one level count matches
that particular count.