Amanda-Users

Re: amanda 2.6.1b2 build

2009-01-23 11:34:20
Subject: Re: amanda 2.6.1b2 build
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:29:10 -0500

Brian Cuttler wrote:
My apologies. I'm slow sometimes.

I was told to use the -R flag and I didn't know how, botched it,
ignored (dropped it) and caused my own problems.

the config should have looked like this...

#./configure LDFLAGS='-L/usr/sfw/lib -L/opt/sfw/lib -L/usr/local/lib/amanda \
      -R/usr/sfw/lib -R/opt/sfw/lib -R/usr/local/lib/amanda'            \
     --with-user=amanda --with-group=sys --with-udpportrange=932,948   \
     --with-tcpportrange=10084,10100 --with-gtar=/usr/local/bin/tar

Now on with the real testing. :-)

cool.

your emails were faster than my intent to respond. ;-)

-R is the proper way to do it, so that the path is built in to the binary. I put mine in CFLAGS, which is set from an "env" file that I source whenever I'm building software. So my configure only has to have the amanda specific things.

If you are stuck with binaries that you didn't build and don't have the code for, you can hit it with the crle sledgehammer. That's not the preferred way, because it is system wide and can affect other things. You might choose to use it in the overall design and implementation of your system, but you have to be aware of possible side effects and not stomp on the requirements of binaries that Sun has in place. Anyway, `crle` will tell you how your defaults are set up. `man crle` if you aren't familiar with it already will give you a mess of information on ldd and system defaults.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator