Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] Amanda backup problem - a tape error occured

2008-12-22 07:43:13
Subject: [Amanda-users] Amanda backup problem - a tape error occured
From: mandaillou <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 07:38:47 -0500

Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> Are you sure of the size of your tape? 4Gb is with compression or not,
> Do your data are compressible or not, are you using software compression?
>
> Jean-Louis

The amount of data I backup every day is about 3.6 Gb. During the first cycle
when the tapes have just been labelled, it works fine. The problem arises when
an tape has to be overwritten.
I guess it means the size of the tape is not the problem.
The tape I used are 4Gb without compression.
The compression is turned off with the command
mt -f /dev/nst0 compression 0
I added this line in the rc.local to be sure compression is turned off after
reboot.