Amanda-Users

Re: move archives to new tapes

2008-12-07 11:05:12
Subject: Re: move archives to new tapes
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: "amanda-users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:00:18 +0100 (CET)
Nick Brockner schrieb:
> I have an interesting problem.  I have old archive tapes on DAT72 tapes
> which I need to move over to my new LTO3 tapes. The dat72 changer
> is on a different server than the new lto3 changer.
>
> What is the best way to migrate the data?

I asked the same question about 1 year ago on the list, too:

Jean-Louis Martineau answered that time "amanda can't do it automaticaly,
but it is planned.". Are there any innovations?

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung IT)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost