Amanda-Users

Re: Fix the order of the dump in Amanda

2008-12-05 10:19:49
Subject: Re: Fix the order of the dump in Amanda
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:13:23 -0500
Is it each samba dle that take take a long time or because they are done sequentially?

If each dle take a long time, check for 'dumporder' setting. you might want to set it to "TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT". If they are done sequentially, you should increase maxdumps, and be sure the DLEs are not on the same spindle.

Jean-Louis

Olivier Nicole wrote:
Hi,

I am using amanda 2.5.1 on the server, is there a way to tell Amanda
that dump of certain DLE should be started as soon as possible?

I am bacukuping some Unix machines and some Windows machines via
Samba. The backup via Samba takes very long time, so I would like to
have those started very soon (so they are finished before the user
come back to work next morning).

Best regards,

Olivier