Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] Restoring amanda tapes without amanda

2008-11-27 16:55:24
Subject: [Amanda-users] Restoring amanda tapes without amanda
From: rory_f <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:49:21 -0500
As amanda uses tar, you surely can restore a tape (or a portion of a tape,
perhaps just a dle?) using the command line 'tar' command, right ?

Is it just the same as a normal extract ?  tar -xvf /dev/nst0 ?

Or do you have to do other things to ensure this works properly.

Nothing is wrong with my amanda configuration, but It's something i want to
document for my own reference :)

Rory