Amanda-Users

Re: LTO drives

2008-11-04 17:23:01
Subject: Re: LTO drives
From: "Alastair Neil" <ajneil AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Nick Brockner" <nbrockne AT hamilton DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:14:01 -0500

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Nick Brockner <nbrockne AT hamilton DOT edu> wrote:
Howdy,

Time to replace the aging DAT changer.

Just looking for some input on what LTO3/4 drives (or libraries) work well with amanda.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

For a relatively buget offering in the changer arena we have used a ADIC Scalar 24 (now Quantum) with LVD scsi LTO-2 drive for about 4 years.  The tape drive just failed so I'm the process of getting a replacement, but the changer has worked nicely with Amanda up till now :) cost new about $12k.