Amanda-Users

Re: can't recover files

2008-11-03 07:57:03
Subject: Re: can't recover files
From: Thomas Ginestet <thomas.ginestet AT gpsa DOT fr>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:47:07 +0100

Assuming you really have 111 images on that tape, have you tried it
from the command line?
mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
mt -f /dev/nst0 fsf 111

If mt fails, it isn't an amanda problem.  If fsf 111 fails, try an
mt -f /dev/nst0 fsf 1 and see if that works. If '1' works but '111'
fails, you may not have 111 images on that tape.

Frank

Thanks for you help Franck, as your fsf trick show me there are no 111 images on my tape, it must be a problem with the tape.
Could amverify prevents me for this sort of problem ?

Thomas