Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Question corrupt amanda backup / tape speed / etc..help!

2008-10-28 16:59:23
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Question corrupt amanda backup / tape speed / etc..help!
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:40:05 -0400
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:39 PM, rory_f <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> We managed to up our speed of dumping and writing a whole lot by using a
> holding disk, which is great. However, the data we wrote, around 245gb,
> failed a amcheckdump and i couldnt, therefore, not amrestore anything.

What was the output of amcheckdump?

> After the amtapetest, i was given an output of this:
>
> define tapetype ibm &#123;
> &nbsp; &nbsp; comment "just produced by tapetype prog &#40;hardware
> compression off&#41;"
> &nbsp; &nbsp; length 402432 mbytes
> &nbsp; &nbsp; filemark 0 kbytes
> &nbsp; &nbsp; speed 57497 kps
> &#125;

Note that amtapetype overwrites the tape..

Also, it's very hard to read the above with all of the HTML entities
in it.  The logfile you excerpted was unreadable.

dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com