Amanda-Users

Indexing a client

2008-10-27 13:57:11
Subject: Indexing a client
From: Prashant Ramhit <prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:47:42 +0000
Hi All,

I have the following in the amanda-client.conf

   conf "fullback"         # your config name
   index_server "backupserver"     # your amindexd server
   tape_server  "backupserver"     # your amidxtaped server
   tapedev      "/dev/nst0"        # your tape device
   auth "bsd"
   index yes

And from having the following in ~/.amandahosts

   amanda@fileserver1:/var/lib/amanda$ more .amandahosts
   localhost backup amdump
   backupserver amanda amdump
   backupserver root amdump
   backupserver root amindexd amidxtaped
   backupserver amanda amindexd amidxtaped

backupserver points to the correct ip address.

But still this client is not indexed. All other do.

Is the there any thing else I need to enable.
Amanda version is 2.5.2

Help please,

Kind Regards,
Prashant