Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?

2008-10-22 16:27:19
Subject: [Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?
From: dceola <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:18:39 -0400
Thanks for your help, Marc.

I've been going through the 'Quick Start' guide (slowly) trying to make certain
that i'm doing everything correctly.

I'm currently confused on two similar parts... Creating the .amandahosts file
and creating the disklist file.

I only intend to backup files from this one machine (the amanda server itself).
With this said, what do i need to enter in the .amandahosts file? And for the
disklist file, to make it backup the entire filesystem, what would the entry be?

My .amandahosts file, which had entries by default cuurrently looks like this:

localhost   root amindexd amidxtaped
localhost   amandabackup amdump
localhost.localdomain   root amindexd amidxtaped
localhost.localdomain   amandabackup amdump

Is this correct at all for what i'm trying to do?

Also, i've been getting a new email since i created the cron jobs listed in
that quick start guide that tells me this:
/bin/sh: /usr/local/sbin/amdump: No such file or directory

Either i missed something going through the config, or nothing told me to
create this directory (or file?). Not sure what i need to do there..

Thanks in Advance, again!!

Daniel