Amanda-Users

Re: Tape Autoloader

2008-10-20 11:20:11
Subject: Re: Tape Autoloader
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:12:47 -0600

--On October 20, 2008 11:20:39 AM +0100 Prashant Ramhit <prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com> wrote:

Hi All,

I have been using a LT04 Tape for backup. And now I received a new LT04
Quantum Superloader.

I am trying to get it working but it is not.

Several things, your tapes are labelled as if they're cleaning tapes, if they're not, change the barcodes on them (it will confuse things later). Also you're giving amanda the wrong changerdev. Your mtx command there lists sg2, why would you give amanda a different changerdev? Along that same line are you sure of the SCSI device for the drive you want is nst0?

amanda-users-request is NOT for reaching the list, don't CC it. It's ONLY to reach the list administrators.

My config is as follows,

amanda.conf

runtapes 2
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/sg0"
tapetype LTO-4
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
labelstr "^CLN14[1-2]L2*$"
amrecover_changer "chg-zd-mtx"

changer.conf

eject > 1 # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep 10 # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax 10
havebarcode 1
havereader=1
offline_before_unload=1
offlinestatus=1
OFFLINE_BEFORE_UNLOAD=1

root@backupserver:/etc/amanda/fullback# mtx -f /dev/sg2 status
  Storage Changer /dev/sg2:1 Drives, 16 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Empty
      Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=CLN141L2
Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=CLN142L2
Storage Element 3:Empty
      Storage Element 4:Empty
      Storage Element 5:Empty
      Storage Element 6:Empty