Amanda-Users

Re: exlude list

2008-10-09 14:50:28
Subject: Re: exlude list
From: Mario Silva Borrego <mario.silva AT nmcourts DOT gov>
To: amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:14:48 -0600
Thomas:

depending what your amanda.conf says is the way you will hold this
exclude file in the client side.
And the format is quite easy, you just need to list the directories or
files to be exclude in each run, although it can always be modified.

Anyhow I am sending you a little example, is a file that I have in one
of my backed up clients:

# Exclude all the lost+found directories
./lost+found
./home/lost+found
./var/lost+found
./usr/lost+found
./opt/lost+found
#Exclude the tmp areas, devices and proc file system
./tmp
./var/tmp
./usr/local/tmp
./proc
./dev
# misc - BIG FILES -
./var/log/httpd
./var/log/maillog
./var/log/dovecot-info.log
./var/log/dovecot.log
./var/log/messages

This file is working with no problems. I know there are another possible
solutions using wild cards simbols, but is just more clear to me what I
am excluding and I don't have to waste time explaining other people
about wild cards  :-D

mario

--
Mario Silva Borrego
Systems Administrator

Website:  http://www.nmcourts.gov
mailto: mario.silva AT nmcourts DOT gov

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The content of this data transmission is not considered as an offer, proposal, understanding, or agreement unless it is confirmed in a document signed by a legal representative of Supreme Court of the State of New Mexico or the Judicial Information Division. The content of this data transmission is confidential and it is intended to be delivered only to the addresses, therefore, it shall not be distributed and/or disclosed through any mean without the original sender's previous authorization. If you are not the addressee you are forbidden to use it, either totally or partially, for any purpose.

AVISO LEGAL:

El contenido de este mensaje de datos no se considera oferta, propuesta o acuerdo, sino hasta que sea confirmado en  documento por escrito que contenga la firma autógrafa del apoderado legal de La Suprema Corte del Estado de Nuevo Mexico o de la Division de Informatica del Estado. El contenido de este mensaje de datos es confidencial y se entiende dirigido y para uso exclusivo del destinatario, por lo que no podrá distribuirse y/o difundirse por ningún medio sin la previa autorización del emisor original. Si usted no es el destinatario, se le prohíbe su utilización total o parcial para cualquier fin.