Amanda-Users

Re: Errors on labeling tape

2008-09-18 14:08:49
Subject: Re: Errors on labeling tape
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Prashant Ramhit <prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:01:29 -0500
Prashant Ramhit wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am doing a daily backup of my system on an LTO-4 tape with a single
> tape drive.
> When labelling the tape, I am receiving the errors described below.
>
> Someone please give me a few notes on what is wrong.
>
> Kind regards,
> Prashant
>

> ###  Errors ##
>
> root@backupserver:/etc/amanda/fullback# amlabel fullback FULLBACK-01
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 22: configuration keyword expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 22: end of line is expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 24: configuration keyword expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 24: end of line is expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 25: configuration keyword expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 27: configuration keyword expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 27: end of line is expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 42: dumptype parameter expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 42: end of line is expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 43: dumptype parameter expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 43: end of line is expected
> "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf", line 44: dumptype parameter expected
> amlabel: errors processing config file "/etc/amanda/fullback/amanda.conf"
> root@backupserver:/etc/amanda/fullback#

What version of amanda are you running?  The line 22 of your config that
seems to be causing the error is diskdir "/var/tmp/amanda", and diskdir
doesn't seem to be a valid parameter in my version (and probably not
yours either since it is showing an error).  Is this a new install or
a currently running one, perhaps upgraded using the old config?

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673