Amanda-Users

Re: planner: could not lock log file

2008-09-12 10:16:26
Subject: Re: planner: could not lock log file
From: John Hein <jhein AT timing DOT com>
To: tashirov AT unido-ichet DOT org
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:32:38 -0600
Taalaibek Ashirov wrote at 14:58 +0300 on Sep 12, 2008:
 > > Let me recant, it may be amanda at fault or a combination.  If you add
 > > the following to the initialization of 'lock' in the test, does your
 > > problem go away?
 > >
 > >     lock.l_start = 0;
 > >     lock.l_len = 0;
 > >
 > > If the short test passes, add those lines to amflock() in amanda's
 > > common-src/amflock.c, rebuild amanda and give it another shot.
 >
 > Yes, in the test the problem goes away. Actually, I've installed amanda
 > from ports. Now I deinstalled amanda and got latest source version from
 > amandas website, added those lines to amflock(). When I did make it gave
 > me error like "lock is not declared". I declared lock same as test
 > (struct flock lock;). This time I got this:

 > creating amflock-test
 > make: don't know how to make amgpgcrypt. Stop
 > *** Error code 2
 > Stop in /root/amanda-2.6.0p2/common-src.
 > *** Error code 1
 > Stop in /root/amanda-2.6.0p2.
 > web#
 >
 > Is there any thing else I missed?

That's likely a 'configure' problem (to investigate, you could look at
differences in the configure stage between your build from source and
the ports build from source - the config.log file shows what was
passed to configure).

Maybe just go back to building from the port...

cd ports/misc/amanda-server
make patch
add the lines to amflock.c
make