Amanda-Users

Move disk without loosing backup history?

2008-08-28 07:35:51
Subject: Move disk without loosing backup history?
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:01:04 +0200
I've just moved a disk from one server to another without really changing anything with respect to how the clients see it; logically, the disk still represents exactly the same volume on the network.

Is there any way I can change the amanda config so that the disk is backed up via the new server, but status is written to the existing backup history of the volume?

I originally planned to use hostname aliases in such a way that no config update would be necessary in this situation, but as you know, Amanda doesn't really understand the alias concept (or didn't when I first configured it, anyway)...

- Toralf