Amanda-Users

FQDN's in disklist?

2008-08-08 08:00:27
Subject: FQDN's in disklist?
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 07:54:08 -0400
I have an 2,5,2,p1 instance which I am working  through setting the recover
side set up. The Amanda server is backing up 53 machines quite well. But
as I start to play with amrecover on the clients, I find myself having to
do "sthost". The machines are all in one domain, and I have the short names
in the disklist.

I'd really rather not have to put FQDN's in the disklist. Can anyone suggest
what I might have configured incorrectly that would be cause this behavior?

programs.