Amanda-Users

Re: sizeof error for 2.6.0p1 compile

2008-07-23 16:23:58
Subject: Re: sizeof error for 2.6.0p1 compile
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "McGraw, Robert P" <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:19:43 -0400
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM, McGraw, Robert P <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
wrote:
> checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int)
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Any suggestions on what is causing this?

The error is a bit misleading -- this just happens to be the first
thing that the configure script tries to compile, so if it fails for
unrelated reasons, you'll get this message.  config.log consists of a
long log of configure's activities, followed by some long dumps of
various variables and whatnot.  Look at the end of the activity log to
find the compiler error that caused the compile to fail.  If it's not
obvious how to fix it, post it here and we'll take a look.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com