Amanda-Users

Re: amanda on Mac OS X (10.5.4) Leopard

2008-07-22 14:57:02
Subject: Re: amanda on Mac OS X (10.5.4) Leopard
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: myron <kowalskM AT cs.moravian DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:46:11 -0400
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:42 PM, myron <kowalskM AT cs.moravian DOT edu> wrote:
> I looked at
> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation/OS_Specific_Notes/Installing_Amanda_on_Mac_OS_X#Version-Specific_Notes
> and it doesn't mention leopard. Do I follow the same instructions?

As far as I know.  My machines are still 10.4.  I'm cheap :)

> I noticed that on my Mac /etc./services already has amanda in it.
> amanda          10080/udp   # Amanda
> amanda          10080/tcp   # Amanda
> #                          John Jackson <jrj AT gandalf.cc.purdue DOT edu>
> #                          <amanda-core AT amanda DOT org>
>
> The ports listed are different than the wiki instructions. Is there another
> page that I should be looking at?

And so are the names.  The ports in the wiki are only useful if you're
using kerberos.  You don't need to add those.

Please add any notes, or just a description of your success, to the
wiki when you get things working.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer