Amanda-Users

software compression

2008-07-18 15:55:36
Subject: software compression
From: "McGraw, Robert P" <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:50:13 -0400

I have decided to start useing software compression to see if I can get a
little better tape utilization.

I have set up the .conf file to use "server best". I ran amdump with a test
DLE with one file. The backup system log that was email said every thing
went fine.

The problem is that I do not see any information about how well the software
compression did.

I have looked through the amdump logs and the logs in /tmp but still did not
see the information I was looking for.

What log files will give me the compression or at lest show me that it
worked.

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067