Amanda-Users

Index files and no-reuse

2008-07-13 07:10:05
Subject: Index files and no-reuse
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:25:17 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

I have two sets. The first is for daily backup and the second is a level 0
dump that runs every first saturday of a month. The tapes of this set we
store for one year offsite. After that time the tapes are overwritten. But
the tapes from January and July were set to no-reuse and will never be
overwritten (digital preservation).

Are index files of tapes set to no-reuse removed after 12 month (tapecycle
12 tapes)? Or do I have to keep them somewhere else to have a comfortable
recovering using amrecover?

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung IT)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost