Amanda-Users

Re: amanda windows client times out

2008-07-10 02:23:04
Subject: Re: amanda windows client times out
From: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: FL <lengyel AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:14:33 +0200
On 2008-07-10 04:45, FL wrote:
Hi.
I'm using the latest AMANDA 2.6.0p1 on a Debian Linux box (I compile
the source--Debian packages are behind). The Linux clients work (except for
an occasional 80  hour dump, as bad as that sounds on many levels, including
dump levels). However, the windows client estimates time out. Not being a
Windologian, I implore the group for guidance. I'm using bsdtcp, not ssh.
My amstatus follows.

FL

[amandabackup@opennms Daily]$ amstatus Daily
Using /var/log/amanda/Daily/amdump
From Wed Jul 9 18:05:02 EDT 2008

[...]
curdata.gc.cuny.edu:c:                            0     10405m wait for dumping
curdata.gc.cuny.edu:e:                            0  planner: [disk "e:", all
estimate timed out]
curdata.gc.cuny.edu:e:Applications                0  planner: [disk
"e:Applications", all estimate timed out]

So you installed cygwin on those Windows clients, and run some port
of Amanda-clients for Cygwin on Windows, right?
And you're using gnutar for cygwin on those windows clients?
Which version?

For at least one windows client you did get an estimate for
at least one DLE.

Is there any difference in the definition of the DLE's of one that
works or one that does not work?
On the client, in the client debug files, (wherever those may be
located in cygwin) do you see an error message when gnutar does
it's estimates on the different drives?
Or do they just take too long, and the amanda server has given
up waiting for those numbers?

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *