Amanda-Users

Re: Newbie's question: server is not allowed to execute ther service noop

2008-06-27 16:43:53
Subject: Re: Newbie's question: server is not allowed to execute ther service noop
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Weiwei Luo <weiwei AT blueprint DOT org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:36:27 -0400
It search the .amandahosts file in the home directory of the user.

Jean-Louis

Weiwei Luo wrote:
Hi all,

When I use amcheck, the following error message is returned.
Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: NAK web2.blueprint.org: user amandabackup from WENDY is not
allowed to execute the service noop: cannot open
/home/amandabackup/.amandahosts: No such file or directory
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 1.168 seconds.  1 problem found.
First of all, amcheck is right: I don't have any folder as
/home/amandabackup. The .amadahosts file in server or client is always
at /var/lib/amanda/.amandahost.

May I know which setting make amcheck to check the directory at /home/amanda?

My setting:
Amanda server: wendy
Amanda client: web1(linux), archie(linux), web2(Windows)
On web2 the Windows cilent (2.5.1p) is installed.
This problem only happens when I try to add web2 as the client. If I
don't have web2 in the disklist everything is fine.

My .amandahosts is putting at /var/lib/amanda on the server, as following:

wendy.blueprint.org  amandabackup amdump
wendy.blueprint.org  amandabackup amindexd amidxtaped
web1.blueprint.org   amandabackup amindexd amidxtaped
web2.blueprint.org   amandabackup amindexd amidxtaped
archie.blueprint.org amandabackup amindexd amidxtaped

My .amandahosts at the windows clinet web2:

wendy.blueprint.org  amandabackup amdump

My amanda-client.conf at the windows client web2:

conf            "DailySet1"
auth            "bsdtcp"
index_server    "localhost.localdomain"
tape_server     "localhost.localdomain"
ssh_keys        "/var/lib/amanda/.ssh/id_rsa_amrecover"

With regards,
Weiwei