Amanda-Users

Q: nodump file atrribute, -h arg for dump.

2008-06-23 15:13:34
Subject: Q: nodump file atrribute, -h arg for dump.
From: Andres Moya <andres.moya.i AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:12:12 +0200
Hello.
I'm trying to exclude some /dump /backups /distr directories from server
backup.

I'm running CentOS, so system uses redhat packages. I'm setting nodump
attributes with chattr +d command. It is nicely ignored by dump, who
want to see -h0 in its argument for dump levels < 1 in this case.
I seen that i should recompile amanda with --with-dump-honor-nodump.
Actually i really don't want to do this by few reasons:
1. to experiment with 20 --with --without  --disable --enable before all
permissions and path will be set correctly.
2. to memorize this string for next time.
3. to maintain package versions myself, while exists repository for my
operation system.

So question is:
1. is it possible to control from configuration files arguments passed
to dump without recompiling code?
2. or is it possible to enable just with-dump-honor-nodump again without
recompiling code?

Thank you.