Amanda-Users

Re: Should usetimestamps setting effect holding disk directory names?

2008-06-18 18:10:10
Subject: Re: Should usetimestamps setting effect holding disk directory names?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:04:35 -0400
Amanda use 14 digits for holding disk directory name since many releases, it is not related to usetimestamps.

Jean-Louis

Paul Yeatman wrote:
Hi,

Are 14 digit directory names on the holding disk only when using time
stamps or in any case with amanda 2.6.0p1?

I tried using time stamps for awhile and then decided I'd prefer not to
and, as I'm not planning to downgrade or anything, don't expect it to be
a problem.

14 digit directory names are still being used on the holding disk,
however, even though the index directories for this config changed back
from 14d_1d.gz to 8d_1d.gz filenames.  I expected the directory names
on the holding disk to drop back down to 8 digits.

Thanks,

Paul