Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda 2.5.0 spanning

2008-06-12 05:26:06
Subject: RE: Amanda 2.5.0 spanning
From: "Johan Booysen" <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:13:43 +0100
I tried running chg-manual from the Amanda conf directory, and it
doesn't complain about anything at all.

So I tried again with chg-manual containing lastslot=2 and /dev/tty
default options:

After inserting the second tape, I still get this:
changer: got exit: 0 str: /usr/lib/amanda/chg-manual: line 87: /dev/tty:
No such device or address
slot /usr/lib/amanda/chg-manual:: tape_rdlabel: tape open: line 87:
/dev/tty: No such device or address: No such file or directory

But now I noticed that /var/log/amanda/changer.debug does seem to notice
the second tape now (first tape was daily-7, and second tape was
daily-8):
/dev/nst0 status: ONLINE BOT
     -> loaded </dev/nst0 status: ONLINE BOT>
     -> offline /dev/nst0
     -> load   1
     -> rewind /dev/nst0
     -> status /dev/nst0
/dev/nst0 status: ONLINE BOT
     -> loaded </dev/nst0 status: ONLINE BOT>
AMANDA: TAPESTART DATE X TAPE daily-8
014
1+0 in
1+0 out
Exit -> 1 /dev/nst0

So I'm not sure what that means, but I'll let Amanda run the daily
scheduled dumps and see if it now works.

Otherwise I think I may as well try the newest version of Amanda.

Thanks for all your help.

Johan