Amanda-Users

Expecting new tape...

2008-06-09 23:40:32
Subject: Expecting new tape...
From: Robert Kuropkat <robert.a.kuropkat AT saic DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 22:39:16 -0400

Did something bad, but not sure what. I had a tape with a bar code label but apparently no Amanda label. So I labeled it and hoped the next backup would write to it. It did not. It was tape #28 and I had already passed that number in the sequence (Tape #30). So I figured I did something goofy and just loaded the next set. Unfortunately, it still says it needs a new tape.

Unfortunately, I was confident I knew what I was doing, so I also made other changes while I was there. I had taken the top 10 tapes out of the sequence reducing it from 100 to 90. So I took the top ten entries out of the tapelist file and changed the tapecycle entry in amanda.conf to 90.

I'm new to Amanda and inherited this setup so aside from posting every config file, I'm not sure what the relevant entries to post would be.

Robert Kuropkat