Amanda-Users

Re: Another amanda-client.conf not found thread

2008-06-08 20:22:08
Subject: Re: Another amanda-client.conf not found thread
From: FL <lengyel AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:18:46 -0400
By running

touch /usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf

I was able to eliminate the error on the server (which is also a client).
I may also have pre-empted a flood of emails on this list.

Perhaps an empty amanda-client.conf file is sufficient, though I
imagine amanda-client.conf is supposed to contain something.

[amandabackup@opennms ~]$ amcheck Daily
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /home/nept/amandabackup/holding-disk: 2118384 MB disk
space available, using 819200 MB as requested
slot 1:read label `Daily01', date `X'.
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape Daily01 label ok
Server check took 4.483 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: m248.gc.cuny.edu: selfcheck request failed: Connection refused
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 10.247 seconds.  1 problem found.

(brought to you by Amanda 2.6.0p1)
[amandabackup@opennms ~]$