Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda on a Cobalt Raq-4 web server?

2008-05-31 03:37:08
Subject: Re: Amanda on a Cobalt Raq-4 web server?
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:29:06 +1000 (EST)
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

Craig,

What's the output of:
grep HAVE_SOCKADDR_STORAGE config/config.h

If it is defined, then how 'struct sockaddr_storage'is defined on your machine? It should be in socket.h under /usr/include

Since the disk in the Raq4 failed not that long after the last try of building Amanda on that disk, I spent a few weeks letting it go while I've been looking for new full-time employment and yesterday decided to drop the Cobalt OS to go with Strongbolt on a replacement disk. That OS is running well and has a heap more included in the way of 3rd-party packages, etc.

So I have yet to try building Amanda under the new OS, but it's running a Linux 2.6.x kernel which is WAAAAAAY newer than the old 2.2.x kernel that standard Cobalt OS is created around. I anticipate a fairly seamless build of Amanda under Strongbolt, so I'll come back with some results when I've tried to get it set up.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";