Amanda-Users

Re: /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists : huge !

2008-05-07 14:27:08
Subject: Re: /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists : huge !
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 14:21:55 -0400
On Wednesday 07 May 2008, FM wrote:
>Hello,
>Is it safe to do some clean up in this folder ?
>

>Regards,

That *should* be auto-cleaning as amanda will/should remove the listings for
tapes that have been over-written.

Is this not the case at your site?

Humm, why are they in /var/lib?  Is this an rpm installation? :(

That said, I note I had some old ones laying around that were dated prior to
my having a drive crash, and when I re-installed on another drive, the
directory tree's got re-arranged (& LVM's run summarily canceled, that was
the second crash while using it) and the disklist edited to reflect that, so
it could no longer find the ones to delete.  They can go, and just did as
they are no longer of any use.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
F u cn rd ths u cnt spl wrth a dm!