Amanda-Users

Re: [Fwd: RE: VMware Support Request SR# 1104697711]

2008-03-25 17:59:16
Subject: Re: [Fwd: RE: VMware Support Request SR# 1104697711]
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: mister.olli AT googlemail DOT com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:52:34 -0400
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Mister Olli <mister.olli AT googlemail DOT
com> wrote:
>  > > > > but this does not work, gtar proccess are eating a lot of CPU cycles:

I only have three emails from this conversation, but from the number
of quote characters above, there seem to have been more.  Oliver, can
you summarize what the problem is, at this point?  How did you answer
Heiko's question about the redirection of 'tar .. --file - ..'?

>From what I can see, I doubt this is a vmware issue, but let's see if
we can get it sorted out.  Besides your summary, please post the two
commmand lines, one that works, and one that doesn't.  We'll try to
whittle them down to see what the difference is.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com