Amanda-Users

Re: doing ssh backups of clients listening on non-standard ssh ports

2008-03-21 18:25:47
Subject: Re: doing ssh backups of clients listening on non-standard ssh ports
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:20:52 -0400

Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
Nomad <atxnomad AT gmail DOT com> (Fr 21 Mär 2008 22:23:08 CET):
For "supposed" security reasons, some of our servers have ssh listening on a
different port.  Has anyone done ssh authenticated backups of servers
listening on a port other than 22?  I haven't seen where you can configure
any ssh related options for these types of backups.   This would be run on
linux and freebsd machines running amanda 2.5.2p1.

I've never done ssh based amanda backups. If it uses the OpenSSH client,
it should read $HOME/.ssh/config. There proably you can put your options
like:

    Host bigiron
        Port 4711

I do use ssh. The solution above is correct and is spelled out here:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Set_up_transport_encryption_with_SSH#Non-Standard_SSH_Port

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator