Amanda-Users

SUMMARY: Amanda Encryption

2008-01-10 14:42:08
Subject: SUMMARY: Amanda Encryption
From: "Paul Crittenden" <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:38:03 -0600

I finally got encryption working a lot of trial and error thanks mostly to Dustin Mitchell and asking questions on the gpg discussion list.

I gave up on aespipe because it just didn’t seem to want to work on Solaris. I then tried to use amgpgcrypt and finally got that to work. Here are 2 links I needed to set up what I needed to get it working:

http://www.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html to setup amgpg crypt and http://amanda.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/amanda/amanda/trunk/common-src/amgpgcrypt.pl?view=markup for the script that was needed. On the second link you will  need to change @PERL@ to your perl interpreter, and @CLIENT_LOGIN@ to 'amanda' (or whatever you used for --with-user=).

The backup worked great but then I had trouble getting amrecover to work and kept getting the error:

ld.so.1: gpg: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

To fix that one I went to the link: http://bwachter.lart.info/solaris/solfaq.html - Section "Configure the dynamic linker"

This is very brief and if you need further explanation I will attempt to do so.

Paul Crittenden

Computer Systems Manager

Simpson College

Phone: 515-961-1680

Email: paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu