Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover: NAK: unknown service: amindexd

2008-01-04 16:56:08
Subject: Re: amrecover: NAK: unknown service: amindexd
From: Scot Hetzel <scot AT videopropulsion DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>, Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:37:26 -0800 (PST)
"Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:
On Jan 4, 2008 3:29 PM, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> You must use the 'amoldrecover' command.
>
> The amrecover command (in 2.5.1 and newer) can only talk to 2.5.1 or
> newer server. amoldrecover must be used to talk to older server.

I just added some information about this to the wiki:
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Version_compatibility

Please correct me if I got something wrong :)

Noticed one thing wrong on the wiki:

so long as one uses oldamrecover on 2.5 clients when communicating with a 2.5 server.

Shouldn't this say:

so long as one uses amoldrecover on 2.5 clients when communicating with a 2.4 server.

--

Thanks for the hint to use amoldrecover, but I'm still having problems with it:

# amoldrecover -C Daily -s backup -t backup
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p1. Contacting server on backup ...
220 backup AMANDA index server (2.4.4p3) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2008-01-04)
200 Working date set to 2008-01-04.
501 Could not read disk file /etc/amanda/Daily/disklist!
amrecover> ls
Must select a disk before listing files; use the setdisk command.
amrecover> setdisk sda1
501 Must set config,host before setting disk.
amrecover> sethost intranet
501 Must set config before setting host.
Trying host intranet.videopropulsion.net ...
501 Must set config before setting host.
amrecover>

Scot