Amanda-Users

Are there any amanda users running FreeBSD here?

2008-01-01 14:57:53
Subject: Are there any amanda users running FreeBSD here?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 14:50:14 -0500
Greetings;

I just got bit by the volatile device major number getting moved again, and
one of the kernel developers is asking me how FreeBSD users cope with this
since FreeBSD's device majors are all dynamic.

So if there are any FreeBSD users running amanda here, please respond and
describe how you folks handle changing hardware that putz's with your devices
major numbers.

Thanks.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Humor in th Court: