Amanda-Users

2.4 vs 2.5

2007-12-20 02:21:21
Subject: 2.4 vs 2.5
From: Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:13:46 +0100

Hi all,

Recently I tried to add a host to our backup system.
The client was running amanda 2.5, the server 2.4

After a few tries I gave up and installed 2.4 on the client as well (problems with the authentication)

I understand that it's best that I also upgrade the server to 2.5 before I do the clients.

I have no problem with that, but I do have a few questions:

Are there any issues I should be aware of ?
Can I re-use the configuration files ?
Can the clients be upgraded after the server or should it all be done simultaneously ?

Can anyone shed some light on these matters ?

Bert