Amanda-Users

Another question about Encryption with Amanda

2007-12-19 10:54:05
Subject: Another question about Encryption with Amanda
From: "Paul Crittenden" <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:44:35 -0600

I have amanda installed and working but now I am trying to set up encryption. I am using v2.5.2p1 on a Sun server running Solaris 9. I have followed the instructions from the URL:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Set_up_data_encryption

I got it all set up and the key created but now I get the error:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:

 server.simpson.edu  /export/home/pdc/Patches  lev 0  FAILED [missing result for /export/home/pdc/Patches in server.simpson.edu response]

I can back this up not using the encryption but it fails when I try to encrypt. I have looked at all of the logs and none of them seem to tell me what response it is missing.

Has anyone else gotten this to work or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul Crittenden

Computer Systems Manager

Simpson College

Phone: 515-961-1680,

Email: paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu