Amanda-Users

RE: Discrepancy between amrestore and dd speeds

2007-12-18 17:23:36
Subject: RE: Discrepancy between amrestore and dd speeds
From: "Jeremy Mordkoff" <jlm AT zazzletech DOT com>
To: "Ryan Steele" <rsteele AT archer-group DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:03:42 -0500
I know this is no answer, so apologies in advance.

Why are you worried about restore speeds? Hopefully you will never need
it and if you do, will anyone really complain that it took a little
longer than the tape drive is capable of? My users are usually just
grateful that they can get anything back. Plus, if I'm too quick,
they'll ask more and more often :)

JLM