Amanda-Users

RE: SAS/Fibre Channel interface for LTO4

2007-12-11 16:56:53
Subject: RE: SAS/Fibre Channel interface for LTO4
From: <donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com>
To: <ghenry AT suretecsystems DOT com>, <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:36:40 -0600
Our fibre channel devices show up as scsi devices on both Tru64 UNIX and
HP-UX.  I would expect most UNIX systems to behave the same.  The
underlying drivers are the same, as I understand it (FC being a
serialized version of SCSI).

Best wishes with the implementation.

Don Ritchey
IT ED RTS Tech Services, Senior IT Analyst (UNIX)