Amanda-Users

Re: how to recover the whole month backups

2007-11-30 21:50:11
Subject: Re: how to recover the whole month backups
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:44:05 -0800 (PST)
>yup. I would say you are a bit confused.

>The 26th is the last full backup (the 0 in the column after the date),
>and the 29th is the most recent incremental based on that full (the 1 in
>the column after the date). Anything else is older, out of date,
>redundant . . . whatever you want to call it. If you had messed up a
>file and then it got backed up, you might want to go to an older one.

>What, exactly, is it that you are trying to do? And Why?

Actually I backed up one month (30 tapes). At the end of month tapes will be
overwritten. So, I want to restore for the whole month before tapes being
rotated for the new month because I want to make it as a archive for 1 year.
(let say restore for November before December start). Correct me if I wrong
for this understandings.

Or is it enough to me if I restore last full backup (26th) to represent for
the whole month? Or I have to choose last full backup and last incremental
backup instead?