Amanda-Users

Re: could not connect DATA stream

2007-11-18 22:41:27
Subject: Re: could not connect DATA stream
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:34:11 -0800 (PST)
>Relabeling erases the tape, indeed.  But why relabel it? Do you mean
>that you keep inserting the same tape over and over again until that one
>client succeeds?

keep inserting for each dump to different tapes

>Why not first trouble that one client?
>Make a diskist file with one small DLE from that client.
>And while testing the firewall-issues with that client, you do not have
>to insert a tape; just dump to holdingdisk.

How to dump to holdingdisk?

>The reason why the images are not on the tape is worded in plain english
>above.
>Was there a tape in?
Yes got tapes.

>Was it a tape that could be reused (older than tapecycle?)
Yes. it is reused as in tapelist.

>Was it write protected?
Yes.

>What did amcheck say about that tape before?
amcheck said no problem found

>How did you allow those? Did it suceeed? Let's see the commands, so that
>we can verify them.   Does your firewall do port-NAT interfering with
>the port ranges you specified?

on client's shorewall firewall:

ACCEPT  net:x.x.x.x         $FW     udp     10080
ACCEPT  net:x.x.x.x         $FW     tcp     -       50000:50100

whereby x.x.x.x is server

I dont have firewall on server but in front of server got pfsense firewall.
So in pfsense:

UDP      *       *       10.200.30.150           10080
   *
TCP     *       *       10.200.30.150            50000 - 50100
*

whereby 10.200.30.150 is amanda server (internal ip). It is mapping 1:1 from
external ip to internal ip.

>But, as said above, much easier is to use bsdtcp which is much more
>firewall friendly.

I think something wrong with my pfsense (not to say my rules doesnt work
because I can backup for other 10 servers). Weird, it could be connection
problem between my problem client and pfsense/sever. I had tried to route my
server to use another server as a gateway instead of using pfsense. I can
backup successfully. I will try on bsdtcp if that is alternative solutions.
Thanks in advanced.