Amanda-Users

Re: tape_splitsize Problem: Resulting Splits Are Too Small

2007-11-16 15:11:26
Subject: Re: tape_splitsize Problem: Resulting Splits Are Too Small
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Charles Curley <charlescurley AT charlescurley DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:04:48 -0500
You must defined a split_diskbuffer if the dump go directly to tape without using a holding disk. In this case, there is no advantage to use a tape_splitsize bigger than your memory size. Also, on a 32 bit system, it is limited to below 2Gb.

Jean-Louis

Charles Curley wrote:
I added tape_splitsize to a DLE, like so:

define dumptype comp-root-tar-charlesc-home {
    comp-root-tar
    tape_splitsize 3 Gb
    comment "Root partitions with compression, special for charlesc:/home"
    exclude list "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/excludes.charlesc.home"
}

The dump is to cirtual tapes on a hard drive. The resulting splits are
all 10 MB in size. E.g.:

-rw-------  1 amanda disk   12 2007-11-16 03:35
00023-charlesc.localdomain._home.0
-rw-------  1 amanda disk  10M 2007-11-16 03:35
00023.charlesc.localdomain._home.0
-rw-------  1 amanda disk   12 2007-11-16 03:35
00024-charlesc.localdomain._home.0
-rw-------  1 amanda disk  10M 2007-11-16 03:35
00024.charlesc.localdomain._home.0

How do I change that to a more reasonable size, like 3 Gb?

Thanks