Amanda-Users

Re: Question about dumporder

2007-11-16 07:02:33
Subject: Re: Question about dumporder
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 06:55:07 -0500
bandwidth estimation is done using the previous backup of the DLE,
You can get the 'dump rates' with: amadmin <config> info

Jean-Louis

Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about the dumporder parameter. To what are the two bandwidth options (B and b) related? Client/Server connection (e. g. 1Gbit)? Or the real bandwith between server and client?

I have a client that is connected by a 1Gbit LAN-card to it's subnet in our branch office. This subnet uses a 4 Mbit connection to exchange data with the subnet in our head office. The amanda server (in the head office subnet) is also connected by a 1Gbit LAN-card.

I wanna do some optimizations to ensure that the DLE's of the branch office are backuped first, because a full dump of all DLE's is running a long time (because of the slow connection) and I just want to make sure, that the dump of the client is done as early as possible

Regards
Marc