Amanda-Users

Re: can't repeat "Mesg read: Connection reset by peer"

2007-11-16 03:27:40
Subject: Re: can't repeat "Mesg read: Connection reset by peer"
From: "Takashi Kurakata" <t.kurakata AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:08:22 +0900
Hi all

I'm sorry if you understand my English.I have the pleasure of writing to you again.

I examine why this log "Mesg read: Connection reset by peer" is output.

To want to repeat it, I executed the following commands on the server.
 - amdump daily
 - iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d "IPaddress of the client" -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
 - iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d "IPaddress of the client" -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

I executed the command "iptables" while executing the command "amdump".

Unfortunately, I can't repeat it.

The following error messages are output.
 - data read: Connection reset by peer

I checked the URL as follow, but I don't solve the problem.
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Mesg_read:_Connection_reset_by_peer

If you have done, could you tell me how to repeat it?

I consider that I can repeat it if the local valiable "n" returns "-1".
----common-src/bsd-security.c
    do {
        n = read(bs->fd, bs->databuf, sizeof(bs->databuf));
    } while ((n < 0) && ((errno == EINTR) || (errno == EAGAIN)
----

system configuration as follow:
 - server/client
  - OS:RHEL5
  - amanda:2.5.0p2-4(bundle in RHEL5)

The result was the same though I had tried amanda2.5.2-p2.

Yours sincerely,

Takashi Kurakata